HADDINGTON PLACE, EDINBURGH
Main Contractor: Ogilvie Construction
Sector: Student Accommodation
Client: Harris Developments
Project Value: £1.8Mill
Developed on the main High Street in Leith, Edinburgh and predominately a 6 story block with 258 student bedrooms split over a number of cluster bedrooms and studios. The development consists of a ground floor reception with a student common room and several small retail units fitted out separately. The student accommodation starts on the ground floor rising to level 6. The plantroom is situated on the lower ground floor consisting of a CHP as the lead boiler with 2 gas fired boilers sized to supply 50% of the load, with a booster set and a BCWS storage tank and 2 HWS storage calorifiers. The electrics are supplied form an onsite sub-station feeding a bespoke LV panel which in turn feeds site wide distribution, section boards. floor distribution then in turn feeding a consumer unit for lighting and power to the studios and clusters.
Other systems installed but not limited to:
• Fully addressable L1 Fire Alarm system.
• Ventilation System – MVHR systems in each studio and Cluster flat.
• Structured Cabling Data system throughout utilizing Cat5e technology with Wifi capability throughout.
• Full BMS system controlling Plantroom, heating and ventilation systems.
• Lightning Protection.
• CCTV system.
• Door access systems to main doors only.
• Audio Intercom to Studios and Clusters.
• External RWP – Alumasc system